Clinical Education and Consulting
Reduce your risk for negative outcomes through training, compliance audits and process review
Excellent care is what your residents and families want. Regulatory compliance, the ability to focus on delivery of care and positive survey results are what your clinical staff wants. Collection of revenue and cash flow is what your financial team wants. With Richter Healthcare Consultants, you can have it all.
- Consultants you can trust: Our team of recognized LTPAC industry professionals will partner with you to develop clinical solutions that work.
- Proven results: We are clinical partners who focus on positive outcomes.
- We know it’s personal: We want to build a long-term relationship with your team.
Our team includes registered nurses (RNs) who have experience as MDS coordinators, staff development trainers, former directors of nursing (DON) and other clinical leadership roles. Our senior clinical consultant is an AHCA/NCAL Baldridge Award Examiner. The clinical services team will develop and provide customized solutions to meet your needs.
Our clinical services consultants can customize training programs exclusively for your healthcare organization. Programs can be offered in a live seminar format or via remote web conference.
Our clinical services include:
- Audits: financial and clinical compliance with the Medicare Integrity Program
- Implementation: policies and procedures
Education & Training
- MDS: Best practice and basic education, work flow and CMI review
- Care planning: Comprehensive education on resident-centric process
- Diagnosis management
- Medicare documentation:
- Cert/ recert
- Skilled charting
Process Review & Redesign
- Clinical workflow
- MDS and care plans
- Hospital readmission
- Antibiotic stewardship programs
- Five Star
- Quality measures
- SNF Final Rule (Mega-Rule) compliance
- Survey preparedness
- Risk assessments
PointClickCare® Implementation Services
- Database risk assessments
- Support services/end-user and “super user” training
To learn more about how Richter Healthcare Consultants can provide customized solutions for your clinical challenges starting today, please request more information.
- Five Strategies to Boost Patient Care through Revenue Cycle ManagementRevenue cycle management (RCM) lies at the heart of a long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) provider’s operation. Without the proper processes in place, cash flow slows down, bad debt increases and customer satisfaction declines. So how can your LTPAC organization optimize its RCM function? We recommend starting with the five strategies outlined below.
- CMS to Implement Changes to Beneficiary IdentifiersSince the inception of the Medicare program in 1965, beneficiaries have been identified by a Social Security number-based identifier known as the Health Insurance Claim (HIC) number. This unique identifier has been used to determine the beneficiary for all Medicare transactions such as eligibility, billing and claim status inquiries. As a means to help fight […]
- Home Health's Best Kept Secret: Outpatient TherapyWith reimbursement rates and profit margins shrinking and unfunded mandates and regulations increasing, home health agencies must look for ways to diversify services all while increasing revenue. One home health service that agencies can offer is home health outpatient therapy, despite it not always being provided in a clinic, hospital or private practice.