Clinical Education & Consulting
Reduce your risk for negative outcomes through training, compliance audits and process review
Providing excellent care is what your residents and families want. Maintaining regulatory compliance and positive survey results are what your clinical staff wants. Collection of revenue and cash flow is what your financial team wants. With Richter Healthcare Consultants, you can have it all.
- Consultants you can trust: Our team of recognized LTPAC industry professionals will partner with you to develop clinical solutions that work.
- Proven results: Clinical partners who focus on positive outcomes
- We know it’s personal. We want to build a long term relationship with your team.
Our team includes registered nurses (RNs) who have experience as MDS Coordinators, Staff Development trainers, former Directors of Nursing (DON) or other clinical leadership roles. Our clinical services team will develop and provide customized solutions to meet your needs.
Our clinical services consultants can customize training programs exclusively for your healthcare organization. Programs can be offered in a live seminar format or via remote web conference.
Clinical services from Richter Healthcare include:
- Implementation (Policies & Procedures)
Education & Training
- MDS: Best practice and basic education, work flow and CMI review
- Care planning: Comprehensive education on resident-centric process
- Diagnosis management
- Medicare: Documentation
- Triple Check
- Cert/ Recert
- Skilled Charting
Process Review & Redesign
- Five Star
- Quality Measures
- Support / Training
- eINTERACT™– Helping LTPACs Decrease Hospital Readmissions and Improve Quality of CareDid you know that in 2016, 20% of Medicare residents are hospitalized within 30 days of discharge? Nearly 90% of these hospitalizations were classified as unplanned. Early identification of a resident’s change in condition is paramount to managing and preventing unnecessary transfers. The eINTERACT™ program is a PointClickCare® module that was developed to help decrease […]
- How it works: Medicare Level of Care (LOC) in PointClickCare® for the Management of No Pay and Exhaust BillsThe Level of Care (LOC) in the PointClickCare® Census and Rates resident tab is used for the management of No Pay and Exhaust claim billing for residents, after a Medicare Part A skilled stay. The LOC has no other function but to drive this process. Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) are required to submit claims to […]
- Grasping the Who, What and Why of the Mega Rule Facility AssessmentThe Phase 2 roll out of the Mega Rule Requirements of Participation is quickly approaching. One of the requirements of Phase 2 is the Facility Assessment. The Facility Assessment is a written report that includes items such as patient population, resources and risk assessments. Skilled nursing facilities will be required to complete the Facility Assessment […]