Financial Education and Consulting
Find a fresh perspective on compliance and revenue cycle management challenges.
Richter Healthcare Consultants can help identify where poor performance is costing you money. Whether it is a lack of policy and procedure or a need for staff education, it is imperative to be able to collect outstanding accounts receivable in a timely manner.
Richter Healthcare Consultants will work with your team to conduct a comprehensive review of your revenue cycle process in accordance with the Medicare Integrity Program. Billing compliance audits can help to identify gaps in process that may affect your ability to operate efficiently. We will develop corrective strategies to improve performance, educate your team to conduct internal audits to identify areas needing improvement, and assist your organization with implementing corrective actions to address key deficiencies.
What you don’t know can (and will) hurt your bottom line.
Sometimes clients require expertise for a specific problem—maintaining positive cash flow; timely and accurate claims submission; staff education; regulatory updates; or collection of accounts receivable.
Richter Healthcare Consultants is comprised of professionals with years of experience in the LTPAC and senior living industry. We understand the financial complexities specific to the industry and have developed proven strategies that will deliver accountable results for your organization.
Our team’s affiliation with industry associations means we will keep you up-to-date on all of the latest regulations and guidelines from Medicare, Medicaid and third-party payers.
Together we will identify what is working and what can be improved.
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Audits: integrated approach for financial and clinical compliance with the Medicare Integrity Program
- Implementation: policies and procedures
- Compliance training
- Education and training:
- Revenue cycle process
- Admission best practice
- Census management
- Medicare/third party payer claims management
- Advanced payer billing and denial management
- Revenue cycle process
- Process review and redesign
- Managed care contract analysis, credentialing and education
- PointClickCare® Implementation Services:
- Database risk assessments
- Support services/end-user and “super user” training
- Five Strategies to Boost Patient Care through Revenue Cycle ManagementRevenue cycle management (RCM) lies at the heart of a long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) provider’s operation. Without the proper processes in place, cash flow slows down, bad debt increases and customer satisfaction declines. So how can your LTPAC organization optimize its RCM function? We recommend starting with the five strategies outlined below.
- CMS to Implement Changes to Beneficiary IdentifiersSince the inception of the Medicare program in 1965, beneficiaries have been identified by a Social Security number-based identifier known as the Health Insurance Claim (HIC) number. This unique identifier has been used to determine the beneficiary for all Medicare transactions such as eligibility, billing and claim status inquiries. As a means to help fight […]
- Home Health's Best Kept Secret: Outpatient TherapyWith reimbursement rates and profit margins shrinking and unfunded mandates and regulations increasing, home health agencies must look for ways to diversify services all while increasing revenue. One home health service that agencies can offer is home health outpatient therapy, despite it not always being provided in a clinic, hospital or private practice.