Financial Education and Consulting
Find a fresh perspective on compliance and revenue cycle management challenges.
Richter Healthcare Consultants can help identify where poor performance is costing you money. Whether it is a lack of policy and procedure or a need for staff education, it is imperative to be able to collect outstanding accounts receivable in a timely manner.
Richter Healthcare Consultants will work with your team to conduct a comprehensive review of your revenue cycle process in accordance with the Medicare Integrity Program. Billing compliance audits can help to identify gaps in process that may affect your ability to operate efficiently. We will develop corrective strategies to improve performance, educate your team to conduct internal audits to identify areas needing improvement, and assist your organization with implementing corrective actions to address key deficiencies.
What you don’t know can (and will) hurt your bottom line.
Sometimes clients require expertise for a specific problem—maintaining positive cash flow; timely and accurate claims submission; staff education; regulatory updates; or collection of accounts receivable.
Richter Healthcare Consultants is comprised of professionals with years of experience in the LTPAC and senior living industry. We understand the financial complexities specific to the industry and have developed proven strategies that will deliver accountable results for your organization.
Our team’s affiliation with industry associations means we will keep you up-to-date on all of the latest regulations and guidelines from Medicare, Medicaid and third-party payers.
Together we will identify what is working and what can be improved.
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Audits: integrated approach for financial and clinical compliance with the Medicare Integrity Program
- Implementation: policies and procedures
- Compliance training
- Education and training:
- Revenue cycle process
- Admission best practice
- Census management
- Medicare/third party payer claims management
- Advanced payer billing and denial management
- Revenue cycle process
- Process review and redesign
- Managed care contract analysis, credentialing and education
- PointClickCare® Implementation Services:
- Database risk assessments
- Support services/end-user and “super user” training
- Understanding Targeted Probe and Educate – Medicare’s New Medical Review StrategyIn 2015, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) introduced the Probe and Educate (PE) strategy, first to hospitals and then to home health care agencies. With this new strategy, five claims were selected from every hospital and home health care provider. If a claim was denied, one-on-one education was offered in an effort […]
- The Proposed Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM): 10 Things You Need to KnowIn April 2018, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) threw yet another curveball at (MDS) coordinators and skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) across the country. CMS’ original plan to introduce RCS-1 (resident classification system, the proposed new federal payment system) was overturned and replaced by the now proposed patient driven payment model (PDPM). This […]
- 5 “You-Focused” Tips to Improve Your Organization’s RCM ProcessRevenue cycle management (RCM) is so much more than just a financial process. It is about the procedures that enable your long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) organization to maintain a positive financial picture and, in turn, allow you to focus on day-to-day operations and optimal outcomes. It sounds cliché, but that is why communication is key […]