How does the Richter Healthcare Consultants team differ from other consultants?
While many healthcare consulting firms can offer financial expertise, few have the industry-specific insight offered by Richter Healthcare Consultants. Team members bring healthcare operations, consulting, training, accounting, financial, and revenue cycle management experience gained from working in the senior living and LTPAC industry. It’s this unique perspective that enables our team to ensure you see positive, results-oriented outcomes.
Jennifer Richter, President/CEO
Jennifer Richter, is the founder and president of Richter Healthcare Consultants. After a career that spanned both acute and continuing care, Ms. Richter launched her own accounting and consulting firm to provide financial and consulting services to healthcare clients. She has served as Controller/CFO for numerous clients and authored the Richter product, Business Office Complete (BOC), offering clients the option to outsource functions of the long-term care business office. BOC has evolved to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) to offer enhanced solutions to all long term post-acute care (LTPAC)providers. Jennifer is a frequent top rated speaker and presenter at conventions, webinars, and professional educational events nationwide.
Maureen Hedrick, Director of Consulting Services
Maureen Hedrick is the Director of Consulting Services. She was the very first employee of the firm nearly twenty years ago. Ms. Hedrick has a long tenure in healthcare, with over 25 years of experience in revenue cycle management in the healthcare environment with a specialty expertise in long term post-acute care (LTPAC) and hospital reimbursement.
Ms. Hedrick directs the Richter consulting team, including services provided to clients who are users of PointClickCare® software. She is also the lead member of the Richter Audit team which provides training, consulting and internal billing compliance audits related to the various federal billing compliance audit programs and initiatives.
Maureen is a frequent and top rated speaker to professional and trade associations across the country. She is also a regular contributor to the Richter Sharesource Resource page offering blogs, articles and downloads on the most current topics in the LTPAC industry.
Lauren Gurcze, Senior Revenue Cycle Management Performance Analyst
Ms. Gurcze has over twenty years of experience in Revenue Cycle Management for long-term care providers nationwide. Her role has transitioned from executive oversight of all client teams and their processes to responsibility for developing the processes and analytics that support all of our team efforts on behalf of clients.
Yolanda Riley, Director of Revenue Cycle Management
Ms. Riley joined the firm in 2015 to assume a new role to become the key Richter contact for our clients. She works with our teams to support communication of our efforts via A/R reviews, team meetings, updates to clients, monthly reports, etc. She is approachable, supportive, and vested in our client relationships. Yolanda is pursuing a degree in accounting from Cleveland State University. She has a long tenure in healthcare, and has served in a leadership role for acute, post-acute providers, and insurance carriers nationwide. Yolanda is the primary contact for the client communication and will customize that communication to the style which best meets the needs of an organization.
Reba Allison-Mahanera, Director of Human Resources
Reba Allison-Mahanera is the Director of Human Resources for Richter Healthcare Consultants. She brings over twenty years of leadership experience in Human Resources and Operations for LTPAC and home health care providers. Ms. Allison-Mahanera is responsible for recruitment, engagement and leadership development for all divisions and departments of Richter Healthcare Consultants.
- Five Key Operational Areas All Home Health Agencies Should ReviewThe start of a new year presents an ideal opportunity to review several key operational areas for your home health care agency. With the onslaught of medical reviews and new federal mandates, agencies must continue to function efficiently in order to provide the necessary services to their clients, while also dealing with the prospect of […]
- QAPI Case Study: How a SNF Used QAPI to overcome decline of Activities of Daily Living (ADL) & customer satisfactionThis case study illustrates how one facility discovered how to utilize QAPI processes to overcome their specific ADL and customer satisfaction challenges. Download our free e-book to find out how QAPI processes can enhance your facility here. Sunny Cove Nursing Home was informed by the state ombudsman that they had a reputation for discharging residents who […]
- Seeing the Value of Custom Reporting in PointClickCare®Financial reports are documents you create to review and track how much revenue your facility is making (or not). Many facilities have outside investors, owners, shareholders, board members or lenders who require information contained in financial reports. They also have a right to know if their money is being spent wisely or returning a profit. […]
- Improving Medication Management through Integrating Pharmacy with PointClickCare®For many long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) providers, the process of ordering and receiving medications can be laborious. Nurses must frequently communicate new orders for medications and the need for more supplies of existing medication orders to the pharmacy. For years, faxing was the standard communication method. Today, integration with the pharmacy vendor can offer a […]
- Five Strategies to Boost Patient Care through Revenue Cycle ManagementRevenue cycle management (RCM) lies at the heart of a long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) provider’s operation. Without the proper processes in place, cash flow slows down, bad debt increases and customer satisfaction declines. So how can your LTPAC organization optimize its RCM function? We recommend starting with the five strategies outlined below.