QAPI Consulting Services
Optimize Your Quality Assurance / Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program With Richter Healthcare Consultants
Anyone who works in a long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) setting knows that the only constant in our field is change. There is, however, one process that has been with us, in one form or another, for quite a long time—QAPI.
QAPI is the coordinated application of two mutually-reinforcing aspects of a quality management system: Quality Assurance (QA) and Performance Improvement (PI). QAPI takes a systematic, comprehensive, and data-driven approach to maintaining and improving safety and quality in nursing homes and home care agencies while involving all caregivers in practical and creative problem solving.
Establishing and maintaining a strategic QAPI program can empower you to achieve the next level of quality assurance and rectify issues throughout your facility without having to endure a negative review.
QAPI allows you to identify, address and resolve issues through the smart and tactical use of data. You’ll gain a clear understanding of where your facility may fall short, and you’ll be fully equipped to establish a plan that better positions your facility moving forward.
Through Richter Healthcare Consultants’ QAPI consulting services, our Clinical Consulting team works with skilled nursing facility and home health clients to provide education, technical assistance and support in the development of QAPI within your organization.
Our QAPI Consulting Services will help you build and deploy a winning QAPI program for your organization. Our service scope includes:
- An initial assessment designed to gauge your current QA operations and establish program parameters and goals
- Specialized training for selected staff
- Development of a personalized QAPI toolkit, including resources for ongoing education, self-assessment tools, tracking and monitoring tools (e.g., dashboards) and job descriptions
- Development of internal QAPI policies and procedures specific to your organization
- Quarterly assessments, as well as strategic and tactical recommendations based on your organization’s progress to date
QAPI can guide your organization toward achieving high quality measures and positively impacting its Five-Star rating. Our QAPI consulting services are offered at a fixed rate. To learn more and to optimize your QAPI program starting today, call Jennifer Richter, President/CEO, at 216-593-7150.
- eINTERACT™– Helping LTPACs Decrease Hospital Readmissions and Improve Quality of CareDid you know that in 2016, 20% of Medicare residents are hospitalized within 30 days of discharge? Nearly 90% of these hospitalizations were classified as unplanned. Early identification of a resident’s change in condition is paramount to managing and preventing unnecessary transfers. The eINTERACT™ program is a PointClickCare® module that was developed to help decrease […]
- How it works: Medicare Level of Care (LOC) in PointClickCare® for the Management of No Pay and Exhaust BillsThe Level of Care (LOC) in the PointClickCare® Census and Rates resident tab is used for the management of No Pay and Exhaust claim billing for residents, after a Medicare Part A skilled stay. The LOC has no other function but to drive this process. Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) are required to submit claims to […]
- Grasping the Who, What and Why of the Mega Rule Facility AssessmentThe Phase 2 roll out of the Mega Rule Requirements of Participation is quickly approaching. One of the requirements of Phase 2 is the Facility Assessment. The Facility Assessment is a written report that includes items such as patient population, resources and risk assessments. Skilled nursing facilities will be required to complete the Facility Assessment […]
- Why Do I Need a Triple Check Process?When it comes to billing for your skilled nursing facility (SNF) services, you want your bills to be submitted with no errors and to be paid in a timely manner. In order for that to consistently happen, it is imperative that your facility complete a triple check prior to submitting claims. Triple check is an […]
- Understanding RAI Manual Coding Updates and Avoiding Common Coding ErrorsOctober 1, 2016 brought forth some significant changes to the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) Manual used by minimum data set (MDS) nurses throughout the country. The RAI Manual is essentially an MDS nurse’s bible. It explains how to code and provides the rational for coding every single item on the MDS. If you have a […]