Optimize Your Quality Assurance / Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program With Richter Healthcare Consultants
Anyone who works in a long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) setting knows that the only constant in our field is change. There is, however, one process that has always been with us in one form or another—QAPI.
QAPI is the coordinated application of two mutually-reinforcing aspects of a quality management system: Quality Assurance (QA) and Performance Improvement (PI). QAPI takes a systematic, comprehensive, and data-driven approach to maintaining and improving safety and quality in nursing homes and home care agencies while involving all caregivers in practical and creative problem solving.
Establishing and maintaining a strategic QAPI program can empower you to achieve the next level of quality assurance and rectify issues throughout your facility without having to endure a negative review.
QAPI allows you to identify, address and resolve issues through the smart and tactical use of data. You’ll gain a clear understanding of where your facility may fall short, and you’ll be fully equipped to establish a plan that better positions your facility moving forward.
Through Richter Healthcare Consultants’ QAPI consulting services, our Clinical Consulting team works with skilled nursing facility and home health clients to provide education, technical assistance and support in the development of QAPI within your organization.
Our QAPI Consulting Services will help you build and deploy a winning QAPI program for your organization. Our service scope includes:
- An initial assessment designed to gauge your current QA operations and establish program parameters and goals
- Specialized training for selected staff
- Development of a personalized QAPI toolkit, including resources for ongoing education, self-assessment tools, tracking and monitoring tools (e.g., dashboards) and job descriptions
- Development of internal QAPI policies and procedures specific to your organization
- Quarterly assessments, as well as strategic and tactical recommendations based on your organization’s progress to date
QAPI can guide your organization toward achieving high quality measures and positively impacting its Five-Star rating. Our QAPI consulting services are offered at a fixed rate.
To learn more about how Richter Healthcare Consultants can optimize your QAPI program starting today, please request more information.
- Five Key Operational Areas All Home Health Agencies Should ReviewThe start of a new year presents an ideal opportunity to review several key operational areas for your home health care agency. With the onslaught of medical reviews and new federal mandates, agencies must continue to function efficiently in order to provide the necessary services to their clients, while also dealing with the prospect of […]
- QAPI Case Study: How a SNF Used QAPI to overcome decline of Activities of Daily Living (ADL) & customer satisfactionThis case study illustrates how one facility discovered how to utilize QAPI processes to overcome their specific ADL and customer satisfaction challenges. Download our free e-book to find out how QAPI processes can enhance your facility here. Sunny Cove Nursing Home was informed by the state ombudsman that they had a reputation for discharging residents who […]
- Seeing the Value of Custom Reporting in PointClickCare®Financial reports are documents you create to review and track how much revenue your facility is making (or not). Many facilities have outside investors, owners, shareholders, board members or lenders who require information contained in financial reports. They also have a right to know if their money is being spent wisely or returning a profit. […]
- Improving Medication Management through Integrating Pharmacy with PointClickCare®For many long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) providers, the process of ordering and receiving medications can be laborious. Nurses must frequently communicate new orders for medications and the need for more supplies of existing medication orders to the pharmacy. For years, faxing was the standard communication method. Today, integration with the pharmacy vendor can offer a […]
- Five Strategies to Boost Patient Care through Revenue Cycle ManagementRevenue cycle management (RCM) lies at the heart of a long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) provider’s operation. Without the proper processes in place, cash flow slows down, bad debt increases and customer satisfaction declines. So how can your LTPAC organization optimize its RCM function? We recommend starting with the five strategies outlined below.