Optimize Your Quality Assurance / Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program With Richter Healthcare Consultants
Anyone who works in a long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) setting knows that the only constant in our field is change. There is, however, one process that has always been with us in one form or another—QAPI.
QAPI is the coordinated application of two mutually-reinforcing aspects of a quality management system: Quality Assurance (QA) and Performance Improvement (PI). QAPI takes a systematic, comprehensive, and data-driven approach to maintaining and improving safety and quality in nursing homes and home care agencies while involving all caregivers in practical and creative problem solving.
Establishing and maintaining a strategic QAPI program can empower you to achieve the next level of quality assurance and rectify issues throughout your facility without having to endure a negative review.
QAPI allows you to identify, address and resolve issues through the smart and tactical use of data. You’ll gain a clear understanding of where your facility may fall short, and you’ll be fully equipped to establish a plan that better positions your facility moving forward.
Through Richter Healthcare Consultants’ QAPI consulting services, our Clinical Consulting team works with skilled nursing facility and home health clients to provide education, technical assistance and support in the development of QAPI within your organization.
Our QAPI Consulting Services will help you build and deploy a winning QAPI program for your organization. Our service scope includes:
- An initial assessment designed to gauge your current QA operations and establish program parameters and goals
- Specialized training for selected staff
- Development of a personalized QAPI toolkit, including resources for ongoing education, self-assessment tools, tracking and monitoring tools (e.g., dashboards) and job descriptions
- Development of internal QAPI policies and procedures specific to your organization
- Quarterly assessments, as well as strategic and tactical recommendations based on your organization’s progress to date
QAPI can guide your organization toward achieving high quality measures and positively impacting its Five-Star rating. Our QAPI consulting services are offered at a fixed rate.
To learn more about how Richter Healthcare Consultants can optimize your QAPI program starting today, please request more information.
- New Service: Corporate Clinical Navigator – the Extra Set of Hands Your SNF has Always NeededLong-term care rules and regulations have been changing at a fast and furious pace over the past few years. Often, changes can happen so quickly that it can be nearly impossible to train staff and update processes in time to stay current. We have seen this burden play out across all senior living facilities (SNFs), […]
- Jennifer Leatherbarrow Selected as 2018 Senior Examiner for the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award ProgramRichter Healthcare Consultants, a leading provider of clinical, accounting, implementation and revenue cycle consulting services for long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) organizations, is pleased to announce that Jennifer Leatherbarrow, RN, BSN, RAC-CT, QCP, CIC, has been selected by the American Health Care Association to serve as a 2018 Senior Examiner for the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award […]
- Optimizing Revenue Cycle Workflow in LTPAC Environments – 3 StrategiesIf your long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) organization’s strategic approach to revenue cycle management doesn’t marry business performance with customer service and outcomes, you could be headed for divorce court.