QAPI Consulting Services
Optimize Your Quality Assurance / Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program With Richter Healthcare Consultants
Anyone who works in a long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) setting knows that the only constant in our field is change. There is, however, one process that has been with us, in one form or another, for quite a long time—QAPI.
QAPI is the coordinated application of two mutually-reinforcing aspects of a quality management system: Quality Assurance (QA) and Performance Improvement (PI). QAPI takes a systematic, comprehensive, and data-driven approach to maintaining and improving safety and quality in nursing homes and home care agencies while involving all caregivers in practical and creative problem solving.
Establishing and maintaining a strategic QAPI program can empower you to achieve the next level of quality assurance and rectify issues throughout your facility without having to endure a negative review.
QAPI allows you to identify, address and resolve issues through the smart and tactical use of data. You’ll gain a clear understanding of where your facility may fall short, and you’ll be fully equipped to establish a plan that better positions your facility moving forward.
Through Richter Healthcare Consultants’ QAPI consulting services, our Clinical Consulting team works with skilled nursing facility and home health clients to provide education, technical assistance and support in the development of QAPI within your organization.
Our QAPI Consulting Services will help you build and deploy a winning QAPI program for your organization. Our service scope includes:
- An initial assessment designed to gauge your current QA operations and establish program parameters and goals
- Specialized training for selected staff
- Development of a personalized QAPI toolkit, including resources for ongoing education, self-assessment tools, tracking and monitoring tools (e.g., dashboards) and job descriptions
- Development of internal QAPI policies and procedures specific to your organization
- Quarterly assessments, as well as strategic and tactical recommendations based on your organization’s progress to date
QAPI can guide your organization toward achieving high quality measures and positively impacting its Five-Star rating. Our QAPI consulting services are offered at a fixed rate. To learn more and to optimize your QAPI program starting today, call Jennifer Richter, President/CEO, at 216-593-7150.
- Strategies for Analyzing and Utilizing PEPPER in LTPAC SettingsIt is that time of year for you to review your PEPPER! Every year at this time we look forward to the release of The Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Report (PEPPER). PEPPER is a Microsoft Excel file summarizing provider-specific Medicare data statistics for target areas often associated with Medicare improper payments due to […]
- Strategies for Developing a PointClickCare® Baseline Care PlanAttention PointClickCare® customers: We have your solution to the Mega-Rule Baseline Care Plan (BCP) requirement. The Mega-Rule has made the BCP a requirement for every resident within 48 hours of admission. The BCP must include instructions needed to provide effective person-centered care, including, but not limited to:
- Managed Care Audit Defense Part III: Taking a Proactive Approach to Managed Care – the 3-Step Preadmission ProcessSecuring a process for management and communication of contractual obligations for managed care residents is essential in today’s climate. Some questions to ask yourself:
- Managed Care Audit Defense Strategies Part II: Meeting the Challenges of Additional Development Requests (ADRs)Nearly every provider has been the recipient of the dreaded Additional Development Request (ADR) letter from a Medicare contractor or managed care organization. ADRs are becoming more and more frequent, so it’s imperative to become savvier in the ways in which you manage them.
- Best Practices for Implementing an Antibiotic Stewardship Program (ASP)The recent data regarding antibiotic stewardship Programs (ASPs) has demonstrated that programs dedicated to improving antibiotic use can enhance the treatment of infections as well as reduce adverse events associated with antibiotic use. Skilled nursing facilities are required to have an ASP in place by October 1, 2017 as published in the 2016 Mega Rule.