Revenue Cycle Management
What does revenue cycle management mean to you?
It means more than cash flow. It’s PEACE OF MIND, maintaining a positive financial picture that lets you focus on day to day operations and optimal outcomes. It’s keeping your employees confidently trained in the latest procedures and safeguards. It’s working with a reliable financial partner who delivers results-oriented revenue management solutions.
It means working with Richter Healthcare Consultants.
Richter Healthcare Consultants is a professional firm that specializes in consulting, accounting and revenue cycle management services for LTPAC and senior living providers nationwide. Each member of the Richter Healthcare Consultants leadership team has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry. This expertise is crucial to help providers of all sizes to identify operational inefficiencies that lead to poor financial performance. Richter Healthcare Consultants offer revenue cycle management services including:
- Accounts Receivable Management: Intake through Collections
- Outsourced Billing Services-All payers
- Skilled Nursing and Rehab Facilities
- Senior Living Communities/Life Plan Communities/CCRCs
- Home Health and Hospice Agencies
- Ancillary Services
- Accounts Receivable Cleanup
- Comprehensive analysis, review and resolution of aged account balances
- Billing Medicare copays and deductibles to secondary payers, including Medicaid
- Completing bad-debt worksheets for inclusion in cost reports
- Post-recovery reporting for allowable bad debt
Manage the entire Accounts Receivable process from intake through collection of revenue with our proven processes.
Richter Healthcare Consultants also offers a proprietary financial process authored by company president Jennifer Richter. Richter Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) streamlines the financial process. Outsourcing revenue cycle allows the provider to focus resources towards delivery of care and optimal outcomes. For a fixed Per Patient Day (PPD) cost, providers can seamlessly outsource all business office functions.
Jennifer Richter, President/CEO
Jennifer Richter, is the founder and president of Richter Healthcare Consultants. After a career that spanned both acute and continuing care, Ms. Richter launched her own accounting and consulting firm to provide financial and consulting services to healthcare clients. She has served as Controller/CFO for numerous clients and authored the Richter product, Business Office Complete (BOC), offering clients the option to outsource functions of the long-term care business office. BOC has evolved to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) to offer enhanced solutions to all long term post-acute care (LTPAC)providers. Jennifer is a frequent top rated speaker and presenter at conventions, webinars, and professional educational events nationwide.
Maureen Hedrick, Director of Consulting Services
Maureen Hedrick is the Director of Consulting Services. She was the very first employee of the firm nearly twenty years ago. Ms. Hedrick has a long tenure in healthcare, with over 25 years of experience in revenue cycle management in the healthcare environment with a specialty expertise in long term post-acute care (LTPAC) and hospital reimbursement.
Ms. Hedrick directs the Richter consulting team, including services provided to clients who are users of PointClickCare® software. She is also the lead member of the Richter Audit team which provides training, consulting and internal billing compliance audits related to the various federal billing compliance audit programs and initiatives.
Maureen is a frequent and top rated speaker to professional and trade associations across the country. She is also a regular contributor to the Richter Sharesource Resource page offering blogs, articles and downloads on the most current topics in the LTPAC industry.
Lauren Gurcze, Senior Revenue Cycle Management Performance Analyst
Ms. Gurcze has over twenty years of experience in Revenue Cycle Management for long-term care providers nationwide. Her role has transitioned from executive oversight of all client teams and their processes to responsibility for developing the processes and analytics that support all of our team efforts on behalf of clients.
Yolanda Riley, Director of Revenue Cycle Management
Ms. Riley joined the firm in 2015 to assume a new role to become the key Richter contact for our clients. She works with our teams to support communication of our efforts via A/R reviews, team meetings, updates to clients, monthly reports, etc. She is approachable, supportive, and vested in our client relationships. Yolanda is pursuing a degree in accounting from Cleveland State University. She has a long tenure in healthcare, and has served in a leadership role for acute, post-acute providers, and insurance carriers nationwide. Yolanda is the primary contact for the client communication and will customize that communication to the style which best meets the needs of an organization.
Reba Allison-Mahanera, Director of Human Resources
Reba Allison-Mahanera is the Director of Human Resources for Richter Healthcare Consultants. She brings over twenty years of leadership experience in Human Resources and Operations for LTPAC and home health care providers. Ms. Allison-Mahanera is responsible for recruitment, engagement and leadership development for all divisions and departments of Richter Healthcare Consultants.
- eINTERACT™– Helping LTPACs Decrease Hospital Readmissions and Improve Quality of CareDid you know that in 2016, 20% of Medicare residents are hospitalized within 30 days of discharge? Nearly 90% of these hospitalizations were classified as unplanned. Early identification of a resident’s change in condition is paramount to managing and preventing unnecessary transfers. The eINTERACT™ program is a PointClickCare® module that was developed to help decrease […]
- How it works: Medicare Level of Care (LOC) in PointClickCare® for the Management of No Pay and Exhaust BillsThe Level of Care (LOC) in the PointClickCare® Census and Rates resident tab is used for the management of No Pay and Exhaust claim billing for residents, after a Medicare Part A skilled stay. The LOC has no other function but to drive this process. Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) are required to submit claims to […]
- Grasping the Who, What and Why of the Mega Rule Facility AssessmentThe Phase 2 roll out of the Mega Rule Requirements of Participation is quickly approaching. One of the requirements of Phase 2 is the Facility Assessment. The Facility Assessment is a written report that includes items such as patient population, resources and risk assessments. Skilled nursing facilities will be required to complete the Facility Assessment […]
- Why Do I Need a Triple Check Process?When it comes to billing for your skilled nursing facility (SNF) services, you want your bills to be submitted with no errors and to be paid in a timely manner. In order for that to consistently happen, it is imperative that your facility complete a triple check prior to submitting claims. Triple check is an […]
- Understanding RAI Manual Coding Updates and Avoiding Common Coding ErrorsOctober 1, 2016 brought forth some significant changes to the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) Manual used by minimum data set (MDS) nurses throughout the country. The RAI Manual is essentially an MDS nurse’s bible. It explains how to code and provides the rational for coding every single item on the MDS. If you have a […]