Revenue Cycle Management
What does revenue cycle management mean to you?
It means more than cash flow. It’s PEACE OF MIND, maintaining a positive financial picture that lets you focus on day to day operations and optimal outcomes. It’s keeping your employees confidently trained in the latest procedures and safeguards. It’s working with a reliable financial partner who delivers results-oriented revenue management solutions.
It means working with Richter Healthcare Consultants.
Richter Healthcare Consultants is a professional firm that specializes in consulting, accounting and revenue cycle management services for LTPAC and senior living providers nationwide. Each member of the Richter Healthcare Consultants leadership team has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry. This expertise is crucial to help providers of all sizes to identify operational inefficiencies that lead to poor financial performance. Richter Healthcare Consultants offer revenue cycle management services including:
- Accounts receivable management: intake through collections
- Outsourced billing services – all payers:
- Skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities
- Senior living communities/life plan communities/CCRCs
- Home health and hospice agencies
- Ancillary services
- Accounts receivable cleanup – all provider types, all payers:
- Comprehensive analysis, review and resolution of aged account balances
- Billing Medicare copays and deductibles to secondary payers, including Medicaid
- Completing bad-debt worksheets for inclusion in cost reports
- Post-recovery reporting for allowable bad debt
Manage the entire Accounts Receivable process from intake through collection of revenue, with our proven processes.
Richter Healthcare Consultants also offers a proprietary financial process authored by company President Jennifer Richter. Richter Revenue Cycle Management streamlines the financial process. Our Revenue Cycle Management services allow you to focus your resources towards delivery of care across the post-acute continuum. We bring the benefits of:
- Complete outsourcing for optimal business performance
- Capitalizing on the latest technology & financial processes for transparency & comprehensive metrics
- Focusing on the latest regulatory measures & compliance mandates
- Billing services encompassing all payers & all states
- Consulting services addressing all problematic areas
- Claims management techniques & processes producing maximum collections
- And more!
Jennifer Richter, President/CEO
Jennifer Richter, is the founder and president of Richter Healthcare Consultants. After a career that spanned both acute and continuing care, Ms. Richter launched her own accounting and consulting firm to provide financial and consulting services to healthcare clients. She has served as Controller/CFO for numerous clients and authored the Richter product, Business Office Complete (BOC), offering clients the option to outsource functions of the long-term care business office. BOC has evolved to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) to offer enhanced solutions to all long term post-acute care (LTPAC)providers. Jennifer is a frequent top rated speaker and presenter at conventions, webinars, and professional educational events nationwide.
Maureen Hedrick, Director of Consulting Services
Maureen Hedrick is the Director of Consulting Services. She was the very first employee of the firm nearly twenty years ago. Ms. Hedrick has a long tenure in healthcare, with over 25 years of experience in revenue cycle management in the healthcare environment with a specialty expertise in long term post-acute care (LTPAC) and hospital reimbursement.
Ms. Hedrick directs the Richter consulting team, including services provided to clients who are users of PointClickCare® software. She is also the lead member of the Richter Audit team which provides training, consulting and internal billing compliance audits related to the various federal billing compliance audit programs and initiatives.
Maureen is a frequent and top rated speaker to professional and trade associations across the country. She is also a regular contributor to the Richter Sharesource Resource page offering blogs, articles and downloads on the most current topics in the LTPAC industry.
Lauren Gurcze, Senior Revenue Cycle Management Performance Analyst
Ms. Gurcze has over twenty years of experience in Revenue Cycle Management for long-term care providers nationwide. Her role has transitioned from executive oversight of all client teams and their processes to responsibility for developing the processes and analytics that support all of our team efforts on behalf of clients.
Yolanda Riley, Director of Revenue Cycle Management
Ms. Riley joined the firm in 2015 to assume a new role to become the key Richter contact for our clients. She works with our teams to support communication of our efforts via A/R reviews, team meetings, updates to clients, monthly reports, etc. She is approachable, supportive, and vested in our client relationships. Yolanda is pursuing a degree in accounting from Cleveland State University. She has a long tenure in healthcare, and has served in a leadership role for acute, post-acute providers, and insurance carriers nationwide. Yolanda is the primary contact for the client communication and will customize that communication to the style which best meets the needs of an organization.
Reba Allison-Mahanera, Director of Human Resources
Reba Allison-Mahanera is the Director of Human Resources for Richter Healthcare Consultants. She brings over twenty years of leadership experience in Human Resources and Operations for LTPAC and home health care providers. Ms. Allison-Mahanera is responsible for recruitment, engagement and leadership development for all divisions and departments of Richter Healthcare Consultants.
- Five Key Operational Areas All Home Health Agencies Should ReviewThe start of a new year presents an ideal opportunity to review several key operational areas for your home health care agency. With the onslaught of medical reviews and new federal mandates, agencies must continue to function efficiently in order to provide the necessary services to their clients, while also dealing with the prospect of […]
- QAPI Case Study: How a SNF Used QAPI to overcome decline of Activities of Daily Living (ADL) & customer satisfactionThis case study illustrates how one facility discovered how to utilize QAPI processes to overcome their specific ADL and customer satisfaction challenges. Download our free e-book to find out how QAPI processes can enhance your facility here. Sunny Cove Nursing Home was informed by the state ombudsman that they had a reputation for discharging residents who […]
- Seeing the Value of Custom Reporting in PointClickCare®Financial reports are documents you create to review and track how much revenue your facility is making (or not). Many facilities have outside investors, owners, shareholders, board members or lenders who require information contained in financial reports. They also have a right to know if their money is being spent wisely or returning a profit. […]
- Improving Medication Management through Integrating Pharmacy with PointClickCare®For many long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) providers, the process of ordering and receiving medications can be laborious. Nurses must frequently communicate new orders for medications and the need for more supplies of existing medication orders to the pharmacy. For years, faxing was the standard communication method. Today, integration with the pharmacy vendor can offer a […]
- Five Strategies to Boost Patient Care through Revenue Cycle ManagementRevenue cycle management (RCM) lies at the heart of a long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) provider’s operation. Without the proper processes in place, cash flow slows down, bad debt increases and customer satisfaction declines. So how can your LTPAC organization optimize its RCM function? We recommend starting with the five strategies outlined below.